Solid Waste EIT
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us‘ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- Completing site evaluations, soil reports, grading plans, design details, landfill gas, sediment soil and groundwater sampling, geologic logging of borings, monitoring well design, storm water modeling and conduct engineering analysis and calculations for permitting, permit compliance, solid waste and environmental feasibility studies, prepare reports, construction drawings and specifications and construction management.
- Assisting with civil site studies and site designs on water infrastructure projects, such as flood protection, treatment plants, and conveyance.
- Performing site visits and prepares documents for public and private clients for a broad range of environmental compliance issues.
- Performing overall site layout, grading, utility layout and drainage.
- Performing routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques and procedures.
- Performing administrative duties associated with project management for civil/site projects
- Performing other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineering
- 0+ years general Civil/Environmental Engineering experience with an emphasis on design, permitting, and construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven team player.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Excel).
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- EIT certification strongly preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of “Coordinator” and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation a plus.
- Prior experience with field work and environmental regulations is a plus.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Orlando
Employee Status: Regular
Business Class: Waste Services