Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. Dayton is currently seeking a Waste Water Operator to work in the Dover New Jersey area.
Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. Industrial Solutions is a full-service industrial water management company with a focus on a cost effective blend of service, chemistry and equipment technologies. With our balanced process management approach to water-related issues, we are able to create and implement innovative, sustainable, custom water solutions that reduce the overall cost of operation and compliance. Veolia Water Technologies, an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia company. Veolia provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, and Veolia Energy.
This position is responsible for controlling treatment plants machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for permitted industrial uses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of water into treatment plant.
• Collect and test water samples to determine concentration levels and impurities.
• Perform all scheduled maintenance, service, and new installations of water treatment equipment.
• Responsible for accurate record keeping of client data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
• Comply with all client safety parameters.
• May be responsible for compiling data for Environmental Protection Agency.
• Coordinate with other operators throughout customer plant in order to maintain the plants water treatment equipment.
• Consult with customers in the operations of their wastewater plant to determine the best treatment for their wastewater.
• Coordinate with Veolia’s purchasing department to order wastewater treatment supplies, such as equipment and chemicals, in order to maintain the client’s wastewater treatment equipment.
• Compile data for monthly operating report to in house management and client management.
• Responsible for training client’s personnel in the proper operating procedures for wastewater treatment equipment.
• Troubleshoot problems within client’s wastewater treatment equipment and coordinate repairs as necessary.
• Advise client on the appropriate methods for hazardous waste spill clean ups, recycle programs, energy savings programs, and water usage reduction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Waste Water License or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
• Must be proficient with MS Office.
• 3 – 5 years of related work experience.
VWS offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.
Site Design: JDA Websites